Monday, January 14, 2013

Can the 2013 Golden Globes win all the awards? AKA this is just a post full of GIFs

No seriously. That award show deserves an award. There was so much AWESOME happening the entire time!

I always look forward to the Golden Globes because, to me, this award show seems to be the most fun. Everyone pokes fun at each other and gets white-girl-wasted (because, lets face it, everyone is too much of a diva to react any other way when wasted). Plus this show is a really awesome way to hedge your Oscar bets. Whoever wins a Golden Globe typically ends up winning an Oscar for the same category. Unless you're Ben Affleck who ultimately gets the last laugh with "Argo" because eeeeeeeeeeeeveryone knows he got snubbed. Way to make things awkward, Academy.

First of all, bravo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler! These ladies were fan-fucking-tastic. Seriously. I think they really set the bar for the evening and that's why this year in particular seemed extra fun. They judge JUST enough without crossing into Ricky Gervais territory. Like this, for example,


And then basically telling Daniel Day-Lewis that he looks like E.T...


way to be a good sport!

 OMG I diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied when they did Tina and Amy's category...





And this after Lena Dunham beat both of them...



 Finally, this. Just....this.









Tina and Amy just need to host everything, ever. Case closed.

Next, Jennifer Lawrence is my girl.


Finally, this...




You can watch the whole thing here. And you need to.

Now, my next favorite thing about this night is the fashion! As always, there were some amazing outfits and some that were just plain awful (I'm looking at you, Halle Berry). Here are my favorites of the night...



 DAYUM HELEN MIRREN! This is just fantastic! I love everything about this look, even her hair. I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous while still looking fun. Love, love, LOVE!


  I think Kate Hudson's look was by-far my favorite of the night. I just wish she had put her hair up. That neck detail needed to be shown off. Plus, since her hair is blonde the neck just got lost in a sea of gold and blonde. It's hard to tell where the neck ends and her hair begins.


 As much as it pains me to say this, I actually liked this look on JLo. No surprise that she went for the almost naked look for the millionth time but I guess when you find a look that works for you, you work it hard. Ps, girl needs to smile more. This isn't 2003 and you're not as popular as you once were. We can only take you serious if you're dating Diddy and not diddling with some dancer named after a ghost.

 Ooooooooooh I loved this, which surprised me. I haven't been a fan of the leotard dresses this season but Eva werks this one. This is a bad angle but when she was on stage she look FABULOUS!

 Again, this picture just does not do this dress justice. Jessica was STUN-NING!

 I just adore Kelly Osborne. Her body looks amazing and she's so proud of it! She looks like a mermaid and I die for that dress!

 I'm probably the only person who liked this dress. I thought it looked amazing on her and I tend to be a fan of wallpaper prints. Call me crazy but I love it. I just wish she had done something different with her hair. A chignon or a twist would have complimented this dress perfectly.


As for my worst dressed list...

 Ugh, that damn peplum. Nothing about this is flattering. Maybe the powder blue against her skin but that is it. The way the top is cut makes her look very broad and as if it's too small for her. The waist line makes her look hippy because of the peplum while the column skirt makes her look as if she has no shape at all. This is just all around bad.

Ugh, yawn, Adele. Again, she's sticking with what works for her but we literally see this at every appearance. Can we please see something new?


No, Halle Berry. Just....no.

I'm sooooooooooo disappointed in Jessica Chastain! Like, what is this?! It looks like she's going to a toga party! Not to mention this Calvin Klein dress makes her boobs look saggy. And then with the hair. Just, no. Not a good look at all.

Oh Lena. Lena, Lena, Lena. I'm proud of you for trying but, honey, no. Everything about this Zac Posen dress is all wrong for her. Not to mention that she was incapable of walking any time she got up. I loved this quote, "Judging by her awkward shuffles to the stage, two-time winner Lena Dunham immediately regretted wearing ice skates." Yes. That's EXACTLY what she looked like! I don't know if it was the girth of the dress or that her heel choice was too much for her. I love her show but girlfriend needs some help.

In her own category, Ms. Taylor Swift brought along her newest accessory- The Bitch Face.


o
The newly single songtress was working that look all night long. I wasn't particularly thrilled with her outfit choice especially since jilted and bitter aren't colors that work well on most people, Taylor included.

When she lost for Best Song
You can't always win, Taylor. This isn't the CMT awards.

Ew. I'm sure she's trying to be funny but it's not really translating. Although that could just be because I'm not a huge fan of hers. Sorry, Taylor. Bitch Face is best worn when you know you're a part of the group, not still working your way in.


I don't even know where to begin with Jodie Foster's acceptance speech for the DeMille award. From what I gather she came out without actually coming out and that she possibly wants to start making dog whistles? Oh and her mom has Alzheimers or Dementia. THAT I got. And that she's not Honey Boo Boo and she wants to spank Daniel Craig. Me too, lady, but what does that have to do with anything?

Finally, if nothing else about The Golden Globes gets you going, have a look at this...


You're welcome.

Until next year!!!!