Friday, November 30, 2012

Inside The Actors Studio

Hello lovelies!

Again, I apologize for my absence. I am currently writing my explanation post as to why I've been quiet, so that should be up in the next few days. In the meantime, I visited a friend of mine's blog, Jasmine over at YelloMiniJazz and she did something I have ALWAYS wanted to do. If any of you are familiar with Inside The Actors Studio you'll know what I'm talking about. I know a fair amount of my theatre pals read this so I know you've got this covered and more than likely have already answered these questions. For those of you who don't, Inside The Actors Studio is hosted by James Lipton at New School University. He invites various actors and actresses and really gets inside their minds to find out what makes them tick. The best part is that the audience is made up of other aspiring artists so this show is extremely beneficial. From one artist to another, you can really learn so much from another person. At the end of the program James asks every single guest these questions and I have always dreamed about what I'd say if I were on that program. And trust me, I've been working on this for as long as I can remember since I've wanted to be an actress for as long as I can remember. So, here are my answers.....for now, haha:

1. What is your favorite word? Arugula...I just love the way it rolls off the tongue 
2. What is your least favorite word? Pussy....makes me cringe every.single.time.
3. What turns you on? A sense of humor and not being afraid to be silly
4. What turns you off? A showoff
5. What sound or noise do you love? Applause. And the violin
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Silverware scraping against a plate. It makes my teeth hurt
7. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. It's a multipurpose word and a fricative so it feels so FUCKING good when you say it!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A stylist or a writer
9. What profession would you not like to do? The guys who collect all the dead animals on the side of the roads. A teacher or anything to do with politics.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I'm sorry for all of this but I knew you could do it. They can't wait to see you...

Whew! That last question almost made me tear up! What do you think your answers would be?